Tivo R. Lee Memorial Fund
1. DEADLINE for scholarship applications is Sunday, March 27 at 5:00 p.m. EST (NO EXCEPTIONS) APPLY NOW
2. Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e., evidence of GPA, unofficial transcript etc.) Incomplete applications will not be considered.
3. If any question does not apply to you in this application please put “N/A” in the space.
4. You will be notified by e-mail and phone in May regarding the status of your application.
5. If you have any questions about the application, please email Samara Scott, VP of Bro2Go and Chair of the Tivo R. Lee Memorial Fund Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tivo R. Lee Memorial Fund was established in 2021 in memory of Tivo R. Lee who was murdered in 2020 after being released from incarceration after 17 years and being the child of an incarcerated mother in an attempt to break the generational curse of imprisonment. The mission of the Memorial Fund is to provide financial assistance to seniors who have an incarcerated parent(s) to assist with costs outside of traditional educational expenses.
The Memorial Fund awards scholarships based on a comprehensive process. Areas that are reviewed by the committee include but are not limited to the following: Academic Accomplishments, Community Service, and Creativity. The Memorial Fund is awarded without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.
Applicant must have a currently incarcerated parent(s).
• Applicant must live in Harrisburg or York.
• Applicants must currently hold a minimum a weighted GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
• Applicants must be accepted and enrolled as a full-time student at a college, university, or trade school program for the 2022-23 school year.
• Applicants must complete and submit a Scholarship Application by Sunday, March 27 at 5:00 p.m. EST (NO EXCEPTIONS).
• Applications open on Monday, December 27, 2022 and will be open for corrections/additions until the closing date.
• Applications are due on Sunday, March 27 at 5:00 p.m. EST (NO EXCEPTIONS)
• Applicants are notified by phone and email if awarded a scholarship by Friday, May 27, 2022.
• Completed Memorial Fund application form.
• Unofficial Transcript from the institution (Can “Save As” from school’s website/Can send official screenshot from school app).
• Proof of acceptance at an academic, vocational or technical school for post-secondary studies (Must be 2- 4 years).
• Proof of completion of graduation of 2022.
• One letter of recommendation from choice of high school teacher/mentor, administrators, counselors, employers, or individual with significant knowledge of applicant’s experience and involvement.
• THE BEST PART! We know that you are bored with the same old questions; What do you want to be? Why do you deserve this scholarship?
Well, we want to know “What are you going to conquer in the next 2/4 years?” and guess what creativity with this is weighted heavily! We want you to express yourself however you would like! Do you sing? Sing for us! Do you dance? Create a tiktok! Are you better at being behind the scenes and writing? Well write us an essay, a poem, a song! Do what you are best at, but don’t forget you have to answer the question “What are you going to conquer in the next 2/4 years?”
• Award notification will be given by May 27, 2022
• Applicants must be willing and available to partake in photos and commit to attend the awards ceremony which will be in late July/early August of 2022.